It is undoubtedly very much important for every person and more specially for seniors to stay active physically on regular basis. As senior citizens get active, it tends to slow down the aging procedure, stimulating the brain, help to keep muscles mobile and to keep all types of chronic illnesses away.
Engaging activities exclusively for senior health
There are several outdoor and indoor activities, which seniors can engage themselves throughout the year to be fit and active, while enjoying robust health.
- Golfing: Be it an 18 hold golf course, putt and pitch, most of the times, golfing does require eye-hand coordination, clear thinking and plenty of walking.
- Swimming: There is no exercise that is as complete as swimming for a healthy body and mind. Seniors can be fit by taking part in water aerobics, which can be much easier for the joints. Also it helps to enhance metabolism, while improving cardiovascular health. The other benefits derived from water aerobics include flexibility, agility and strength. It offers the person with full body workout.
- Bowling: Outdoor lawn bowling or indoor bowling contributes towards motor skills, coordination and balance. Moreover, it can be enjoyed by people of all abilities and ages. It is termed to be a wonderful sport for everyone.
- Racquet sports: Plenty of sport activities are present which involve using racquet such as table tennis, badminton, racquetball, squash and tennis. All racquet sports need techniques, skills, strength, strategic thinking and speed.
- Senior Softball: Softball playing is regarded to be an entertaining and fun filled social sport activity, especially for seniors. If played for leisure or competitively, it helps to promote hand-eye coordination, endurance and muscular strengthening.
- Dancing: Different dancing types are performed across the globe, ranging from line dancing, square dancing, ballroom dancing and much more. The benefits derived from it are considered to be immense. It can help to lower down high blood pressure, control cholesterol levels and diabetes, maintenance of weight and stress levels.
- Walking: One can easily join senior walking groups. The group can meet in shopping malls and parks. Dressing appropriately for weather along with good walking shoe pair is what required for walking.
Most seniors take advantage of the Medicare program in this country, and rightly so. Making sure you have the best insurance is vital to staying stress free. Medicare Supplement plans in 2016 are not changing in benefits and provide the very best coverage you could possibly get. Be sure to check rates from all the top companies to make sure you don’t over pay.